May 6th, 2012 by admin
So you understand as a hardgainer the importance of eating massive amounts of food to put on size right? As this is one of the most overlooked concepts of most hardgainers. Typically the skinny guy figures go to the gym, lift a bunch of heavy weight and get huge. However that is not the recipe for success, diet actually represents 70% of the blue print of how to bodybuild. The workouts, the weights, and proper rest comprise the remaining 30%. So understanding this lets discuss protein intake.
One of the mistakes that hardgainers make is to believe that by consuming massive amounts of protein they are going to gain the mass and weight that they desire. And it is true that the body needs protein to grow however if not eaten in balance with other macro-nutrients then the protein is actually wasted as the hardgainers body will use the protein for energy and not muscle growth. So if a surplus of calories are not consumed with the protein, the protein becomes the fuel that is broken down as energy, which is the opposite of what a hard gainer is going for.
The answer is to ensure that you are consuming more then enough complex carbohydrates so that the carbohydrates provide the fuel, and then the protein can be used as building blocks for muscle growth. As a hard gainer with a high metabolism this explains why understanding of proper nutrition is so very important and vital to your success in putting on mass.
Posted in Interesting Health News |